Myth: Tooth extraction in Auburn are painful and expensive. False! At North Auburn Dentistry, we offer exceptional services at affordable prices. As a result, we repair damaged or infected teeth with fantastic results. Armed with advanced tools and local anesthetic, we guarantee a comfortable experience for everyone looking to upgrade their smile in Auburn, California.
What is a Tooth Extraction?
A tooth extraction is when a dentist completely removes a tooth. Reasons may include physical injury, root canal infections, and severe tooth decay. Once we release a tooth, we fill the empty socket with a dental implant, bridge, or other methods. If we remove a row of teeth, we use dentures.
Signs you Need a Tooth Extraction:
Even with good oral habits, the world can be scary for teeth. At North Auburn Dentistry, however, there’s no reason to fret! Here are the most common reasons one may remove a tooth:
- Tooth Crowding. The most common type of tooth extraction is wisdom teeth. However, some people are also born with extra teeth that we can remove.
- Severely Infected Tooth. While cavity fillings, root canal treatments, and dental crowns can repair decay and infection, they may not be enough. Sometimes, an infected tooth is beyond repair. In these cases, having a tooth replaced by an alternative is best.
- Advanced Gum Diseases. Gum infections such as periodontitis or gingivitis can result in tooth extractions. While other treatments are available for gum disease, tooth extraction may be necessary to combat the root cause fully.
The 7 Steps of a Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction has never been easier:
- Administer Anesthetic. We use a local anesthetic or an anti-anxiety pill to keep you comfortable and safe.
- Release the Periodontal Ligament Fibers. Periodontal ligament fiber is a group of connective tissue that attaches your tooth to the alveolar bone. We detach these fibers before we extract the tooth.
- Loosen the Tooth. We use a unique tool called an elevator to loosen the tooth. Because the socket is pliable, the elevator can naturally enlarge the socket as needed.
- Tooth Removal. Our team will use forceps to loosen and remove the tooth.
- Ridge Preservation. (optional) If the patient decides to replace their tooth immediately, ridge preservation is a precaution. If so, we’ll use ridge preservation to protect the socket.
- Minimize Bleeding. While no significant arteries run across the tooth sockets, mild bleeding may occur. We apply pressure as needed.
- Post-Operation. If any issues arise, contact us immediately. We will also give you instructions to help you recover smoothly and quickly.
Now that you’ve gotten a tooth extraction, now what? Well, there are a few guidelines to be aware of.
I got a Tooth Extraction. What now?
At North Auburn Dentistry, we offer various options to replace an extracted tooth. Our treatments include:
- Dental Implants. We insert a titanium post into your jaw and top it with a naturally-colored crown. Dental implants are incredibly durable, effective, and safe. With proper care, implants can last decades.
- Dental Bridges. Bridges offer a less invasive way of replacing a tooth. Our team will crown and connect the surrounding teeth with a replacement bridge. This bridge doubles as a whole tooth.
- Dentures. Dentures are a perfect option for people missing lots of teeth. Because dentures are sturdy and natural-looking, they are a popular option.
Tooth Extraction in Auburn, California
At North Auburn Dentistry, tooth extractions have never been easier. We offer exceptional tooth extraction and tooth replacement options. We back Dr. Brandon Dever with an elite dental team and advanced equipment to give you the best experience possible.
We’re excited to help enhance your smile! Schedule an appointment today.